Tuesday 16 November 2010

18 weeks

Just a quickie!

I'm getting several rows off people for being behind on my blogging, so this is my attempt to catch up. Briefly.

I'm back to having energy. Sort of. Back up to about 80% anyway. So that's great! I don't feel sick any more. Apart from this week after eating my lovely breakfast of avocado on toast with sweet chilli sauce and pepper. Who'd have thought?

I have a belly. An actual showing one, not the one that I could see before everyone else could. It's weird though, because the bigger I get, the more I look at myself and think I looked this big before. Body image is a strange thing. I love my bump though. I really do. It's all bump-ish, and there's a baby in there.

I can't believe I'm pregnant sometimes. I spent a long time, wondering if it would ever happen for me, and accepting the fact that it might not. But now I think I'm getting to feel little hombre move! I think. This doesn't sound good, but I think it feels like dread. Like when something really scary is happening and your stomach turns over. Well that's what it first felt like anyway. That and wind. Now I think I recognise it when I feel it, though it's still not that often. I'm hoping I might feel something on Friday when we go for our scan, so I can see it the same time I feel it.

We should be told on Friday if we're having a boy or a girl. We're very excited to find out. It'll will allow us to cut out 50% of the name choices too (hence cutting out 50% of the arguments). Not that we'll be sharing any name ideas. There are name stealers out there you know. And other people have babies. If I don't tell them and they don't tell us then we don't have to have any obligation thoughts, and who thought of it first thoughts. Yes, definately not sharing the name. How unusual for me to keep a thought to myself....

It'll be time to start thinking about what we need to buy for the baby soon. I don't know where to start! Shouldn't people let you try before you buy? With babies I mean. If I had one for a week or so, I'm sure I'd start to figure out what I need. Not that I'm offerering to babysit.

So I shall update you about the sex of hombre when we know. If it's a girl, will we have to stop calling it hombre?




PS The kids in school are really sweet, they regularly say things like "Morning Miss, Morning Hombre". Gotta love em.

2 comments: