Wednesday 2 June 2010

I wish my brain had a week off

I've spent a lot of this week off thinking. I'm bored of thinking.

I've been reading lots of info about the advantages of single embryo transfer or multiple embryo transfer. (www.oneatatime.org.uk - just the title is soooooooo biased!)
Multiple embryo transfer? Well you could get twins, it's a slightly higher chance of getting at least one baby, and maybe I won't have to go through all of this again.
Single embryo transfer? Well the risks of lots of diseasey things are lower. Apparently, but they don't quantify that very much. The baby is more likely to be born on time rather than early, and I'm less likely to need a c-section. Having one baby at a time is less stressful.

To be honest I find it a bit difficult to think about. My instincts tell me that putting two embryos in is the most failsafe thing to do, but the government is adamant that, providing my embryos are of a decent quality, I should only put in one embryo. And I'm doing all this research and thinking, and I'm not even sure if the consultants will let me put in two anyway. What am I paying £5,000 if they don't do what I want?

I'm waiting for my nurses to phone me and let me know if I need to start taking the pill for a few days to get my period going. June is starting to tick away, and I don't want to miss my window. So I'm trying to chase them to find out what to do and they're avoiding me. Maybe I've managed to annoy them already. That was rather prompt of me.

Also, we've had an offer on the house. Not quite a big enough offer, but a decent one none the less. Definately not so small to be scoffed at, but we're buying a baby here - every grand definately counts (when doesn't it) and I don't want to be not able to afford a baby because we moved into a family sized home.

But the good news is, my poor doggy has had the cone taken off her today, so now she can scratch behind her own ears and she is much happier. So at least the dog is good. I'm just fed up of my brain not having a rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment